Thursday, July 17, 2008

Stepford Wives


I am one of those people who consider watching a movie [at home] a treat. I mean, no dressing up, no pop corn and coke, no date even, but I still enjoy my 90 minutes or so of uninterrupted bliss. So having recovered from the hell pit that sickness is, I decided to celebrate. And with me was a Nicole Kidman DVD and here comes Stepford wives.
A nice movie really... but I suspect the script was written by a man. Why else would anyone expect bimbo who looks gorgeous, is good in bed, not a hair out of place, is able to manage the kids, is a whiz in the kitchen[bakes cookies for 50 people?], courteous, attends book club meetings.. jeez. Like- what's her name, Kidman- said, that is not the real world. In the real world, people are not always smiling and happy.
In the real world, people fight, people cry, people get bored... your heart gets broke, you break people's hearts, you dissapoint and are disappointed, other times you just don't wanna be happy for no reason in particular. You see a sick kid suffer and know there is nothing you can do to ease their pain, you get broke, your car breaks down at the most inopportune time, you lose friends, family or stuff you like... And that is life!


No comments: